Edge-Profile Sanding Heads
(The AA/BB/CC Turbostrip Sanding Heads and Inserts)
The original sanding system from Turbosand. The strip-style insert is die-formed for precise profile matching. The strip-style insert can be used to finish door-pulls, straight edges, bullnoses, corner rounds, and other more complicated contours.
See our website at Turbosand.com for more information and examples.
Or look through the Standard Pattern Catalog for examples to match your profiles.
Advantages of our System
- One Head can sand many different profiles. All sanding inserts with the same type marking are interchangeable with the same head.
- Precision; Turbosand won't distort shapes or round-off sharp edges. Mitres remain crisp and clean.
- No wrapping and stretching of abrasive, trying to force a good match to the contours
- One-piece insert; no fussing with individual segments and no messy glues or complicated retention devices required
- The same profile can be used with more than one head. The same die can produce inserts for 3-inch, 5-inch, and 6-inch diameter heads.
- Sanding heads can be configured to fit any spindle size required. English or Metric bores available.
- Configurable for Stackable Tooling setups
- Foam backing inserts are available to permit more aggressive setup and provide additional support for the insert
- Split-collet mounting available to reduce runout
- Every insert is available in multiple abrasive grits
Raised-Panel Sanding Heads
The Turbosand RP Head was built specifically to sand raised panels. Using die-formed, abrasive Turbocaps, the RP head minimizes heat and dust built-up. It runs cooler so it can last longer. This system will produce a beautifully sanded surface which will allow your parts to go right into the finishing department. Our raised-panel heads are available in 5-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch diameters to fit nearly any application. Turbosand caps offer the same
advantages in precision and flexible mounting options as the strip-style inserts.
Flare-Head Edge-Sanding Heads
(The FAA/FBB/FCC Edge-Profile Sanders)
The Turbosand flare-head was built specifically to sand deeper details than can be formed with the strip-style insert. The overhanging shape of these heads permits Turbosand to match deep reveals on doors and often permits profiles to be sanded without tilting the spindle.
These heads are ideal for CNC Routers and other equipment without tilting sander spindles
(Upgrades and Options)
Beyond the basic Turbosand product line we also offer some options not shown:
- Turbosand "Rosette" sander: for sanding small details and carvings on a CNC Router
- Additional head sizes and types for specialized applications such as entry doors.
- Adapters & Toolholders: we have a selection of custom adapters to permit Turbosand to be used on your existing toolholders.
- Flexline-Plastic: softer, more pliable material than is used in the original lines, the flex-plastic can make the Turbosand inserts more
tolerant of profile-shaping errors and issues such as machine runout.
- Foam-Backers: combined with the "flexline" plastic option, adding foam-backers behind the sanding insert can permit much more
aggressive sanding or permit sanding less precise applications such as veneer-wrapped panels.
- Trizac® brand abrasive: a ceramic abrasive product which can be substituted for the standard aluminum-oxide abrasive. Trizac
is a man-made material suitable for sanding/polishing solid-surface materials.
- Rub-Collars: custom-made rub-collars can be made to guide your Turbosand inserts to sand arched raised-panels like those use in five-piece cathedral-top door construction.